Wednesday 8 May 2013

Introducing 2013: The Netherlands!

I have decided to take a look at each entry this year, in a lead-up to the contest! There are 39 countries participating this year, all aiming to win in Malmo (well, some don't wanna win!) Turkey, Portugal, Slovakia and Bosnia & Herzegovina decided to withdraw this year, which was a shame, so lets hope they'll decide to return for 2014! I have drawn all the countries randomly and today it's The Netherlands's turn and the last day...

Anouk - Birds!

After years of not qualifying, The Netherlands is sending one of their most successful artists to the contest. Anouk was the first act to be confirmed for the 2013 edition. The singer has shown interest towards participating in Eurovision before and now she gets her chance! The Netherlands has sent some pretty decent entries over the fast few years however they haven't made the final since 2004. One of the poorest scoring countries in recent years. Hopefully Anouk will change this. Birds is a fantastic ballad, quite haunting, and it has heartfelt lyrics...

If The Netherlands fail to qualify, I'd be gutted ! One of my favourites this year, if not the favourite for me! Anouk's vocal are always superb, everything she's produced is awesome. Unfortunately, the rock singer doesn't have a great draw - she'll perform between Ukraine and Montenegro... Amsterdam 2014? JA!
If being myself is what I do wrong Then I would rather not be right...
Here's the Dutch entry...


Anouk rehearsing on Monday...


Lost...


Three Days in a Row...



A brilliant cover!


Another one of Anouk's masterpieces...


My introductory series has now come to an end - thank you all for joining me! Now I will give my opinions on the rehearsals, then that's it... EUROVISION WILL BE HERE!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...