Wednesday 4 September 2013

Iceland: RÚV have opened submissions!

Icelandic broadcaster, RÚV, have made an open call for songs to compete in next years Söngvakeppni. The deadline for interested artists to summit their offerings is 7th October...

The Icelandic broadcaster will award a staggering 1 million Icelandic kroner to the winner - as well as having the opportunity of representing Iceland in Copenhagen. I'm hoping that Magni Ásgeirsson will decide to compete, I even featured him in my wishlist series - I'm sorry I only got round to doing a few, but it has been a hectic summer. I hope to do more in the coming weeks! No information has been released regarding when or how many shows there will be. All songs must be in Icelandic..... YAY!

Can Iceland finally be crowned the winner next year? They're the only Scandinavian country who haven't won the contest, yet...

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad it's in Icelandic but... I still have a feeling Iceland won't be winning for a while. Although, yes, it's close to home, there's still the issue of Iceland's financial issues and Icelandic isn't understood by many.

    Either way, Iceland still have a good chance. If Yohanna can get 2nd, any Icelandic representative could.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...