Saturday 27 April 2013

Introducing 2013: Malta!

I have decided to take a look at each entry this year, in a lead-up to the contest! There are 39 countries participating this year, all aiming to win in Malmo (well, some don't wanna win!) Turkey, Portugal, Slovakia and Bosnia & Herzegovina decided to withdraw this year, which was a shame, so lets hope they'll decide to return for 2014! I have drawn all the countries randomly and today it's Malta's turn...

Gianluca Bezzina - Tomorrow!

The small Mediterranean island is sending a quirky song to the contest this year. Gianluca Bezzina won the selection on 2nd February, after beating 15 other participants. I like the song, it's fine, but I prefered many other songs from the national final. I think the best songs from it were DaviniaChris GrechDorothy Bezzina and my absolute favourite was Claudia Faniello! Damn, I was so upset when Malta didn't select her in 2012, her songs this year wasn't amazing but still pretty good, in my opinion! She has a great husky voice, and stands out from all the others plus she's beautiful  One year I'm confident Malta will send her, hopefully with something like Pure! But let's concentrate on the entry they are actually sending...

Tomorrow is a basic song, a fine song, but I feel there is something missing. He has good vocals and I'm sure the performance next month will be great but it's forgettable. Malta ain't gonna win! But when they do, apparently Maltese television have promised it to be held outside... Think of the security, there would be even more than there was in Baku! Malta competes in the second semi final, again, and will perform between Finland and Bulgaria - two songs which will really stand out, and I think they'll just be unnoticed. Maybe they'll shock us all and qualify, like they did last year...
She’s like tomorrow, oh so distant, she just wants to play Like tomorrow she is always one day away...
Here it is...


The live performance!


Sing along...

'

TOMORROW'S HINT - SHE'S A HOOT ON TWITTER! ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...