Tuesday 8 January 2013

Malmo 2013: The best of National Finals #1!

Don't we all love national finals? I do!

I have decided to start a new series sharing my thoughts on some tracks which could make Malmo! It's not long now until it all kicks of properly...

So far 5 countries have selected their entry - Belgium, Albania, Ukraine, Lithuania and Switzerland! Belarus will change their song, no surprise  but it seems this year they will keep Alyona! Here are a few songs which could make Malmo?

  • France: Anne Marie David - Je manque de toi! 
Anne Marie David wants to represent France again, after 40 years! Now France have not announced how they will select their entry but Anne Marie David has announced her interest, via Facebook! I would love for her to return to ESC! Her song is a typical French powerful ballad which could do very well in May, especially with the jury! I think she is a strong contender to represent France! Enjoy...

  • Malta: Claudia Faniello - When It's Time...
It's no secret that Claudia is desperate to represent her country, Malta, at Eurovision and this year she could indeed make it! She has a unique voice which will hopefully strand out on 2nd February, this is the date Malta will select their entry. Last year I was sure she would win, unfortunately this wasn't the case. If Claudia did win I would be delighted! I'm not sure if she will though, the Maltese is very strong this year! 

  • Finland: Mikael Saari - We Should Be Through
Another country which is looking very strong this year is Finland! Yes, they have some amazing songs! My favourite is Mikael Saari - he has amazing vocal abilities and the song... It's perfection! This years Uuden Musiikin Kilpailu is going to be incredibly close. I think if he was to make Eurovision, it would be one of my all time favourites - the lyrics are beautiful and with a good performance... Helsinki 2014?

  • Latvia: Samanta Tina -  I Need A Hero
Who would have thought Latvia could come up with something like this? A fantastic ballad, which is perfect for Eurovision! Samanta Tina is one of the greatest vocalists from Latvia; therefore I have no doubt she could carry this off! I would be pleased if she represented Latvia although even if she doesn't, there are many good songs competing in Latvia. I think with a bit of work this could be epic!

  • Romania: Natalia Barbu - Confession...
After she withdrew from the selection in Moldova, because of the rules Natalia announced she is willing to represent Romania in Malmo! Great news - It's an awesome song and she does have amazing vocals, just look at Fight from 2007! When I first heard it I didn't like it - it's grown on me immensely! I'm not sure if she is popular in Romania and TVR are yet to announce how the Romanian entry will be chosen... If they decide to go internal, I bet we will see this in Malmo!


What do you think? Isn't 2013 shaping up to be great!!! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...