Tuesday 10 September 2013

Austria: Conchita Wurst selected internally!

Austria have balls!!! Conchita Wurst has been chosen to represent Austria in Copenhagen... Not my ideal Austrian representative but it's an interesting choice nevertheless. OFR, the national broadcaster, hinted about an internal selection a few weeks ago.

Apparently the broadcasters aim is to qualify and maybe they could actually do it with her.. Conchita tried to represent Austria in 2012, although she came 2nd with That's What I Am. She's actually very popular in Austria, apparently. The bearded woman does have a fantastic voice, no one can deny that - just take a look at her cover of My Heart Will Go On Amazing...

I fear Europe will see this as a "gimmick". There's been no information regarding the song yet although I doubt Russia will gave them many points... ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...