Tuesday 15 April 2014

Introducing 2014: Finland!

The Finnish representatives were chosen through the selection "Uuden Musiikin Kilpailu" (UMK) and this selection consisted of many great songs. The final itself was held on 1st February and Softengine won with Something Better. Softengine have signed an album deal with Sony Music - which is a great achievement as these guys are only between 17 and 19 years of age. I wasn't surprised when this won - it's a great song and I believe Finland will stand out in Copenhagen. However, did Finland have anything better on offer? Yeah.. Other favourites of mine included Hukka ja MamaJasmin Michaela and the lovely Hanna Sky. Although for me, there was only one winner and that was Mikko Pohjola. His ballad is spectacular. I cannot understand a word yet I adore this song so much... The juries would have loved this too and Finland would have achieved top ten, at-least! I'm curious to see if Softengine will qualify. I think it's borderline.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...