Saturday 12 April 2014

Introducing 2014: Iceland!

Söngvakeppnin was held once again to decide the Icelandic entry. This selection was probably one of the weakest this year.. I only liked a couple of entries. My favoutite was Ásdís María Viðarsdóttir with Amor and I also rather enjoyed Sigríður Eyrún Friðriksdóttir's entry which was entitled Lífið kviknar á ný. She made the super-final although Pollapönk won with Enga fordóma - which was soon translated to No Prejudice. I don't dislike it, I just think Europe will see this as a joke entry. Maybe it'll be the surprise qualifier? But I hope not... I understand the importance of the message they are conveying but I just think the song itself is terrible. A good message but an awful song. Sorry Iceland, but you are my least favourite this year...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...