Sunday 13 April 2014

Introducing 2014: Lithuania!

Vilija Matačiūnaitė won the Lithuanian selection with Attention. A very contemporary entry from Lithuania. Vilija Matačiūnaitė isn't just a songwriter, she's also an actress. The Lithuanian national final started in December 2013 and finally came to an end on 1st March. The final show was even postponed a couple of weeks because of the high ratings. I didn't really follow the Lithuanian national final, however I did manage to watch parts of the final. The final featured the three remaining acts performing the same song - and then the Lithuanians decided which interpretation they preferred.

I liked all the version, actually. It's a very good song. Mia's version was very classy and sophisticated, meanwhile Vaidas's version had a more relaxed atmosphere. But Vilija composed "Attention" and I think she was a worthy winner. Will Lithuania make the grand final in Copenhagen?! I expect so... I think Lithuania has a very good chance this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...