Wednesday 16 April 2014

Introducing 2014: Montenegro!

Sergej Ćetković was internally chosen to represent Montenegro in November 2013. The song he'll perform in Copenhagen is beautiful - it's a Balkan ballad entitled Moj Svijet. Sergej Ćetković is extremely popular in Montenegro and he's had numerous hits. He was a great choice. I love Montenegro's entry! When the song was released, I found it a little boring and old fashioned - however my opinion changed soon after listening to it a few more times. It's a classy song. Sergej's style of music is very similar to Željko Joksimović's style - and that is NEVER a bad thing.

I cannot wait to see the stage performance next month. Regarding Copenhagen, I'm pretty sure Sergej will qualify! Montenegro have unfortunately never qualified though... They should have qualfied in 2007, 2009 and 2013 in my opinion. Montenegro have a great draw and his vocals are always very strong. Plus the juries will probably love it. Watch a live performance of "Moj Svijet" here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...