Thursday 12 February 2015

Review: Iceland's Söngvakeppnin 2015!

Iceland will select their entry on Saturday. Seven songs qualified for the final and here's what I think about the competing songs:

SUNDAY offer's something very unique and rather strange to the competition but epic. I absolutely love it. Will Iceland opt for this? I don't think so unfortunately but I'd love to see them in Vienna. With an English translation, it could be the best Icelandic ever. Yep, that's how much I love it. My favourite! Björn og félagar's song is unoriginal and dull but their performance was very good. I don't want to see them win but there's a chance they could. Hmm... My 2nd favourite is María Ólafsdóttir. Somehow she reminds me of Yohanna - Lítil Skref is very catchy and she performs it well. A contender for sure. It's a song you'd expect from Iceland. Friðrik Dór entry is okay but somehow I'm not convinced. Would need some work and an English translation if he was going to do well in Eurovision.

Haukur Heidar Hauksson was awarded a wildcard to the final, so it's unlikely he'll win. I don't really like it. It's all a bit boring.. Meh. Regína Ósk should have been awarded the wildcard instead. Awww, I adore Elín Sif Halldórsdóttir! Her song is so sweet and innocent. I wouldn't complain if she won however I feel Iceland would go unnoticed in Vienna. And finally, we have CADEM and Daniel Oliver. There's no denying it, Fyrir Alla is so unoriginal but it's memorable. The tune stays in your head after listening to it. Will this be the Icelandic entry for 2015? I think so. They have been compared to Alcazar. I predict either CADEM, Elin or Maria will win. But I want SUNDAY!



SUNDAY - Fjaðrir
Björn og félagar - Piltur og stúlka
María Ólafsdóttir - Lítil skref
Elín Sif Halldórsdóttir - Í kvöld
Friðrik Dór Jónsson - Í síðasta skipti
Haukur Heiðar Hauksson - Milljón augnablik 
CADEM - Fyrir alla

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...