Monday 14 January 2013

Iceland: Songs for Söngvakeppni Sjónvarpsins released!

The songs competing in Söngvakeppni Sjónvarpsins have been released this morning! Yohanna and Brigitta are back with awesome tracks - I am very impressed with Iceland, once again! 

I must say my favourite is Magni Ásgeirsson, he returns with an awesome rock track. Magni tried to represent Iceland in 2010, 2011 and 2012 - he never made it... But could he this year? 

It's a strong line-up... I must say that I wasn't expecting Þú to be what it is - it's a good song but I don't think Yohanna suits it. Maybe the live version will be better - it would also work better in English! Maybe it's a grower? But if it makes ESC, it needs to stand out and this won't... 

I also like Brigitta's song - it's very much "old-school" but still good however it has nothing special... Erna's song Augnablik is also very nice - this once could do well. I will be reviewing all these songs very soon! I would say.. Magni or Yohanna to win! I like most songs, who is your favourite? Listen to some of the songs...
  • Yohanna - Þú 
  •  Magni Ásgeirsson - Ekki líta undan

  • Erna Hrönn - Augnablik 
  • Brigitta - Meðal andanna





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...