Sunday 3 February 2013

Iceland: "Ég á líf" stolen?

OMG! I can't be believe this... The Icelandic song is almost exactly the same as I am Cow from The Arrogant Worms. This is clear plagiarism!

Eyþór won last night with Ég á líf, which came as a shock because everyone thought Brigitta had it in the bag! Ég á líf and I am Cow have many similarities - especially in the chorus. How did this go unnoticed?

And the I am Cow thing is over 5 years old... This begs the question will Eyþór be able to represent Iceland in Malmo? Will they allow him to sing another song? Or could RUV decide to send Ummur... We will just have to wait and see what the outcome is!

Compere the songs here...


1 comment:

  1. This is a great pair of songs to play for non-esc fans. They come back after half an hour saying "I've got that dumb "I am cow" song in my head!"

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...