Sunday 28 July 2013

Wishlist #3: Electric Fence!

There are several artists throughout Europe which I adore but have never participated in ESC - so I've decided to share my thoughts on them with you all. I'll be doing this throughout the summer and I hope you all enjoy reading these posts. Let's go...

Next up in the series is Electric Fence - a fantastic Romanian group. They've participated in the Romanian selection twice now, in 2012 and 2013, and came runner up on both occasions. The sound this group creates is really something quite special, I can't really put my finger on what genre it is - that's the beauty of it. So, why do I think they'd be a good choice for Romania at Eurovision? Hmmm.... Because they are awesome. The group consists of Elena Vasile, David Ciente, Dan Andrei Alexandru, Tudor Rotarus and Alex Misu!

Many won't know this but they tried to represent Romania in 2010, with a song entitled I'm The Biggest Star - it can't be found on YouTube however you can listen to it here, and even download if you wish. Last year, they participated with Sun-ta and came 2nd. A crazy song in every right. I really do hope they plan on participating next year. Elena, the lead vocalist, has a rather distinctive yet powerful voice. Romania sent a pretty awful song this year but hopefully they're be on track next year. Check out their official website here. Or like them on Facebook! They're pretty popular in Romania and hold regular concerts all over he country.

Enjoy Emilia...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...