Saturday 2 March 2013

Estonia: Birgit Õigemeel wins Eesti Laul!

Faith is restored! After that diabolical song from Hungary the Estonians pick a beautiful sweet ballad! I'm rather shocked by this decision, I didn't think she would even make the super-final...

Birgit was joined in the super-final with Grete Paia, and again, I would've been really happy with her too! Winney Puhh came 3rd, unfortunately, I thought they were going to win but it wasn't to be! There performance was beyond stupid tonight - I think they were supposed to be wolves. Eesti Laul was wonderful - I watched the show and liked almost every song, which is rare for an Estonian national final or any national final really! Birgit's song is entitled Et Uus Saaks Alguse (To Give It A New Start)! Over 60,000 Estonians voted for the ballad - but she only won with 51% of the votes, yea right! We have heard that one before...

This is what she said in an interview some weeks ago...
"Last year I was in seventh place and two years ago third. This year I just took it really slow and easy and didn't have any expectations,
Good choice Estonia! This is for sure one of my favourites....


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...