Sunday 14 April 2013

Introducing 2013: Belgium!

I have decided to take a look at each entry this year, in a lead-up to the contest! There are 39 countries participating this year, all aiming to win in Malmo (well, some don't wanna win!) Turkey, Portugal, Slovakia and Bosnia & Herzegovina decided to withdraw this year, which was a shame, so lets hope they'll decide to return for 2014! I have drawn all the countries randomly and today it's Belgium's turn...

Roberto Bellarosa - Love Kills!

In November, the Belgian broadcaster announced that "The Voice" winner, Roberto Bellarosa, would represent the country. A mini national final was held on 16th December - where he sung three songs, in the morning it was, and Love Kills won. It was a disappointment. He sounded awful live and the song was just so "naff" - the Belgians were last in all polls until the revamped version was released... It's now much better, and his voice suits it more. It was recorded in Finland and released in March..with the official video-clip - which I think is actually quite freaky!

Will Belgium qualify? A few months ago I would've said "not a hope in hell" but with the new version who knows...And the draw is very good too. Roberto, who has Italian roots, will perform between Cyprus and Serbia. Personally, I would like too see Belgium in the final - especially as poor Iris came last in Baku...I honestly thought Iris (or should I say Airis now) had a change to qualify. What do I know? I hope this will come across well on stage... I don't know if there will be any gimmicks but it would help this song. Belgium sings in English, again... ^^
Waiting for the bitter pill Give me something I can feel Love kills over and over...
The official video-clip...


Roberto performing at "Eurovision in Concert" last night...


The original, bloody awful...


Would've been a better choice IMO...


TOMORROW'S HINT - THEIR SELECTION WAS... ENTERTAINING!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...