Saturday 13 April 2013

Introducing 2013: Latvia!

I have decided to take a look at each entry this year, in a lead-up to the contest! There are 39 countries participating this year, all aiming to win in Malmo (well, some don't wanna win!) Turkey, Portugal, Slovakia and Bosnia & Herzegovina decided to withdraw this year, which was a shame, so lets hope they'll decide to return for 2014! I have drawn all the countries randomly and today it's Latvia's turn...

PeR - Here We Go!

Latvia is doing what they do best - by sending an awful song to ESC! I might sound harsh but I really don't like their effort this year. For the first time, foreign composers were invited to enter and the selection was really good. Some decent songs. My favourites included Samanta Tina and Niko - both of these would've been great in Mamlo especially Samanta... The grand final of Dziesma was held on 16th February. I was really disappointed when this got chosen. The music itself is nice, especially the trumpet solo, but the lyrics are dire! Beyond awful and so damn childish... lol!

For me, and most fans, this deserves no more than the bottom (well, at least Romania's entertaining)! Let alone qualify. But with it's draw they could do well, sadly... How do you think PeR will do? Can they bring Latvia into the final for the first time since 2008? I just wish Latvia would send something amazing - their neighbours, Estonia, seem to do this most years! And the Lithuanian entries are good too... Actually the only Latvian songs I've enjoyed are 2000, 2005 and 2012 - that's all! Ah well, maybe Latvia can send something awesome next year! I'm holding my breath though. Here's a sample of their abysmal lyrics!
I’m the man on the moon, call me Andy Kaufman There are demons inside me but I’mma stomp ‘em...
The live performance...


The duo also entered this song, and I think it would've been a much better choice...


I'm still made the didn't send this...


TOMORROW'S HINT - IT KILLS! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...