Wednesday 17 April 2013

Introducing 2013: Lithuania!

I have decided to take a look at each entry this year, in a lead-up to the contest! There are 39 countries participating this year, all aiming to win in Malmo (well, some don't wanna win!) Turkey, Portugal, Slovakia and Bosnia & Herzegovina decided to withdraw this year, which was a shame, so lets hope they'll decide to return for 2014! I have drawn all the countries randomly and today it's Lithuania's turn...

Andrius Pojavis - Something!

Lithuania selected their entry on 20th December - and if I'm honest, I wasn't expecting much as it was a weak NF but they selected the best song on offer! And after it got revamped I like it even more. "Eurovizijos“ dainų konkurso nacionalinė atranka" started in October 2012, and lasted two months - one of the longest selections! But the Lithuanians weren't the only country to select their song in December - Belgium, Ukraine, Albania and Switzerland also did! The song Something is a fine song.

I think I was the only one who didn't like Love Is Blind last year so I'm pleased there's a Lithuanian entry I can enjoy, it's been a while! I don't think the country will beat they're 2007 effort - fantastic song! Andrius will not qualify, that's my prediction... Would like to see this in the final though! It's drawn between Montenegro and Belarus - both uptempo songs. Good luck Andrius - you can follow him on Twitter here!
I have to tell you something, it’s been on my mind so long I’ve got to tell you this, it’s been on my mind
Here it is!



Last weekend, in Amsterdam...


From the Lithuanian final...


TOMORROW'S HINT - CAN HE WIN FOR THE SECOND YEAR IN A ROW? ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...