Saturday 30 March 2013

Introducing 2013: Romania!

I have decided to take a look at each entry this year, in a lead-up to the contest! There are 39 countries participating this year, all aiming to win in Malmo (well, some don't wanna win!) Turkey, Portugal, Slovakia and Bosnia & Herzegovina decided to withdraw this year, which was a shame, so lets hope they'll decide to return for 2014! I have drawn all the countries randomly and today it's Romania's turn...

Cesar - It's My Life!

The Romanian national final was one of the better ones this year, shame they choose to worst song. Ceser does have a good voice and the song is OK until he starts singing high pitched. Then it's a total and utter disaster! I'm really hate the Romanian entry this year - at least I can actually sit through the Latvian and Swedish ones, but this has beat me many times. It's just horrendous. I'm sick of talking about this horrible song...

Let's take a look at their NF! It was a great show, with some awesome songs. My favourites were Electric FenceLuminiţa AnghelAl Mike feat. Renee Santana,Natalia Barbu and even Geta Burlacu but she didn't make the final 32. There were so many other good songs and they really selected the worse for Malmo. Another thing which sucks is that Ceser will close the second semi final. Normally Romania sends great songs to ESC, hopefully they'll return next year with a song which doesn't make the ears bleed. Could this make the final? Maybe - what a scary thought! Uh, and the lyrics are cheesy as hell!
It’s my life and I know it’s not forever It’s my life and I’ll share it all with you...
Here it is, well done if you can listen to the whole damned thing! I can't...


TOMORROW'S HINT - I HAVE THE FUTURE ON MY SIDE...

1 comment:

  1. Electric Fence's music does not represent Romanians. The band did not get enough televotes last year or this year. Luminita Anghel had a boring song. I personally preferred Cezar over them. He was not my first choice, but Electric Fence and Luminita were a total NO...Yes, probably they have ensured qualification in the final, but who cares??? If Romania did not win in 2006 or 2010 when it had great songs, it's not going to win soon...so really the story with getting a honorable position like top 1-10 or whatever is not doing a lot for me.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...