Monday 22 April 2013

Introducing 2013: Hungary!

I have decided to take a look at each entry this year, in a lead-up to the contest! There are 39 countries participating this year, all aiming to win in Malmo (well, some don't wanna win!) Turkey, Portugal, Slovakia and Bosnia & Herzegovina decided to withdraw this year, which was a shame, so lets hope they'll decide to return for 2014! I have drawn all the countries randomly and today it's Hungary's turn...

ByeAlex - Kedvesem (Zoohacker Remix)!

Hungary is sending ByeAlex to Malta after he beat of competition from 29 other participants. Not a bad selection but I think there were better songs. My absolute favourite was Janicsák Veca however she failed to reach the actual final - which was held on 2nd March. It was a surprise when ByeAlex won - most of the big favourites never made the final... Well my favourites got knocked out in the semis! Kállay-Saunders András was the favourite, who actually qualified for the final but he was the runner up. Kedvesem is a really weird song, but I like it, he sings in Hungarian - and a Swedish version was made but that won't be used for the contest...

Will he qualify? Nah! I doubt it... Can't see it doing well, if I'm totally honest, and I don't think the juries will vote for this either. The Hungarian entry will be performed between Norway, a favourite, and Armenia, which is most certainly not a favourite! The staging will be simple for this one. I applaud them for singing in the native language but I think Kati Wolf ought to return soon! She's the best singer in Hungary...
Mert nekem Nincs most más, csak a kedvesem, az én kedvesem, ő Bárhol jár, az úgy jó nekem, az úgy jó nekem,..

Enjoy!


The live version...


In Swedish towards the end...


The best in the Hungarian selection, for me...


TOMORROW'S HINT - I REMEMBER YOU...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...