Friday 17 May 2013

Malmo 2013: Looking back at the semi finals!

I have had an awesome time in Rome and now I've arrived home last night, I've been looking through all the semi final performances this morning. And there have been a few surprises! Both shows looked visually fantastic, and the best is yet to come with the grand final tomorrow. I will keep this updated daily now, thanks for sticking with me guys! <3

Let's talk about the non-qualifiers:
  • Austria - Gosh! She was a sure qualifier beforehand but the performance wasn't good. Her vocals were strained and I won't miss it in the final.
  • Slovenia - She wasn't fantastic vocally but I would've liked to have seen it in the final. I didn't think this would've made it though, a shame.
  • Montenegro - I really thought this would've been the first Montenegrin entry to of made the final. Astronauts were awful, Nina (whatever the hell she was supposed to be dressed as) was awesome though.
  • Croatia - Boring! I did think the juries would've helped it through though. 
  • Serbia - This was a shock! They had a fantastic draw, "friends" in that semi final but still failed to make it. Not that I'm complaining...
  • Cyprus - Gutted this didn't make it. But I thought the Estonian entry would overthrow it.
  • Latvia - This was horrible! 
  • San Marino - I had a feeling this was going to flop and it did... Withdrawal rumours already coming in!
  • FYR Macedonia - A complete and utter mess. Esma will remain one of the highlights in this years edition though. I was disappointed with Lozano.
  • Bulgaria - One of my favourites! Gutted they didn't make the final, it was fantastic! <3
  • Albania - Not a shame this one failed. It did look really good visually, rumours about Albania withdrawing are also ripe.
  • Switzerland - I still think there was better in that national final, among them being Carrousell, Chiara and Melissa. 
  • Israel - Probably the biggest shock. Everything was perfect, a real shame...
The lesbian kiss happened with Finland... I don't think Hungary or Belarus should have qualified but I can understand the appeal. The Netherlands qualified, Anouk done it - I'm so pleased. Could Anouk win? I wouldn't complain if she did. Loreen performed in the first semi final - she was amazing AND will performing her new single in tomorrow's grand final. I can barley wait. The draw was also announced last year, the final will be opened by France and closed by Ireland - here's the list...


  1. France
  2. Lithuania
  3. Moldova
  4. Finland
  5. Spain
  6. Belgium
  7. Estonia
  8. Belarus
  9. Malta
  10. Russia
  11. Germany
  12. Armenia
  13. The Netherlands
  14. Romania
  15. United Kingdom
  16. Sweden
  17. Hungary
  18. Denmark
  19. Iceland
  20. Azerbaijan
  21. Greece
  22. Ukraine
  23. Italy
  24. Norway
  25. Georgia
  26. Ireland

Let me predict the winner - DENMARK, GEORGIA OR GERMANY! The best song which didn't make the final...

1 comment:

  1. I hope Norway or Italy wins! And I'm happy that Romania qualified...trying to rub some salt into your wounds ;-)
    Nevertheless I was shocked that Israel did not qualify.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...