Wednesday 7 May 2014

Copenhagen 2014: Semi final ONE review!

The first semi final was held last night and it was truly amazing. The stage looked great on TV and all the performances were very strong. I also loved the hosts! Ten countries qualified from last night's semi and I was mostly pleased with the results. Montenegro and San Marino made the grand final for the first time ever... YAY! I'm delighted for Valentina! She has finally achieved her dream! It's marvellous - maybe this will entice other microstates to come back? It's also great to see Montenegro in the final. The Netherlands were amazing - and they are now among the favourites to win on Saturday! Amsterdam 2015? Sweden seems to be the front runner now though.. Armenia was good but not good enough to win me thinks. The Russian twins were booed when it was announced they had made the final - it was always going to happen I guess... Ukraine looked great on TV and I think a top five position is very likely for them.

Here are the lucky qualifiers:
  • Armenia
  • Sweden
  • Iceland
  • Russia
  • Azerbaijan
  • Ukraine
  • San Marino
  • The Netherlands
  • Montenegro
  • Hungary
Latvia, Albania, Estonia, Portugal, Belgium and Moldova were eliminated. I thought that Portugal and Moldova would have made the final easily... Portugal really was amazing! Why didn't the lovely Suzy make it? Gutted - I would have loved her in the final. Latvia's song is sweet although the performance wasn't up to much. Axel's performance was very disappointing and Estonia underwhelmed me too, I'm afraid... It was a great show and I cannot wait for tomorrow now! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...