Friday 28 March 2014

Introducing 2014: Albania!

Hersi (Herciana Matmuja) won the 52nd edition of Festivali i Këngës with Zemërimi i një nate. The Albanian selection was very strong and contained a number of excellent songs - Frederik Ndoci returned and so did Luiz Ejlli. My favourite was Klodian Kaçani. Wow His song was just amazing!! Klodian came runner-up to Hersi. After Festivali i Këngës, Hersi and her team decided to revamp her entry and translate it into English. Therefore the Albanian entry is One Night's Anger.

It's good, but I don't think it's strong enough to qualify, but maybe the juries will rank her high so she could squeeze through. Hersi is a fantastic vocalist though and I don't think "One Night's Anger" does her justice. I have another one criticism. I don't think the English revamp works.. the Albanian one had much more personality and class. Still, a very nice entry from Albania!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...