Tuesday 28 April 2015

REVIEWING THE CLASS OF 2015: ICELAND!

María Ólafs will represent Iceland with Unbroken. Is Iceland set to make the final for the eighth year in a row?

Ana: I really love this song and it’s definitely one of my favourites this year. Some people may consider it a little cheesy but I also love that cheesy point. She has good vocals and it’s not a problem for her to reach the high notes at the end of the song. I think that this little fairy of the woods will place very well and she’ll be in the final for sure. 9/10

Ilkar: Another song that lost most of its charm when translated into English. She's kinda sweet, the song's kinda good, the performance is kinda annoying – one can only be content they dropped the dancers from the Vienna act whol ooked like tipsy teenagers anyways, but still.... it's kinda boring one. 4/10

Jack: Hmm, Iceland's entry is pleasant but that's about it I'm afraid. Nothing amazing or extraordinary.. just "nice". I hear the dancers have been scrapped - and that's not a bad thing. It is a song contest after all. However I must say that this is 100% better than the monstrosity they sent last year.. I'll give Maria 6/10

Jess: Well Maria has such a magical voice, and Unbroken is a song I could just listen to over and over. Amazing! 8/10

John: Far from being one of Iceland's most memorable entries  this song is mediocre at best. There is nothing that makes it stand out. A very ordinary song with an unremarkable vocal, whether it makes it to the final is,I think, highly questionable. 5/10

OUR VERDICT - 32/50
OVERALL SCORE - 6.4/10


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...